Applying for Social Action Fund Grant
The First Narayever raises funds to support exceptional community projects primarily through an appeal made during Yom Kippur. We welcome applications that help to advance our mission:
- To address the needs of Toronto’s downtown Jewish community,
- To build an Israel consistent with our values of fairness, egalitarianism, environmental responsibility, social justice and fostering peace, and
- To build inclusive and just communities by protecting vulnerable populations and supporting communities facing discrimination or anti-Semitism.
Yom Kippur Social Action funding is available either as a:
(1) One-Year Grant of up to $15,000; and
(2) Three-Year Grant of up to $10,000 per year over a three-year period
Applicants seeking funding for three-years must clarify their proposed use of the funds over the three year period. Unique three-year projects are encouraged and annual progress reports are required.
Funding to be distributed in 2017
We are now accepting grant applications for our Yom Kippur 5777 Appeal.
Applications are due on January 15, 2017. Organizations will be notified of funding decisions by the end of February 2017.
Please indicate the date on your application. Only complete applications will be considered.
Use of Funds Reporting
For all grant recipients in 2016-2017, Use of Funds reports are mandatory and must be received by January 2, 2018. For organizations that have been granted three years of funding, receipt of the Use of Funds report for each year is a prerequisite for receiving funds for the next year.